Staffordshire Hoard: Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Mercia at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
What can the Staffordshire Hoard tell us about Anglo-Saxon life and death? What can everyday Anglo-Saxon objects tell us about the Staffordshire Hoard? This fascinating exhibition sets pieces from the world-famous Staffordshire Hoard in context among items from our collection of Anglo-Saxon finds, many never displayed before, and offers a glimpse into our ancestors’ lives.
The display features a raised wooden-floored mead hall, with columns and banners adorned with Anglo-Saxon artwork– representing ancient designs on the Hoard artefacts – along with a replica fire pit and king’s chair.
Thought-provoking artworks inspired by the mystery of the Hoard are also on display, including a specially-commissioned animated film ‘The Last Dragon-Hunter’.
How to book your ticket
Entrance to the Potteries Museum & Art Gallery is free, but donations are welcome.
Call +44 (0) 1782 232323 to book guided, group and school tours.
- All public areas, including the café and museum are accessible by lift, ramps and stairs.
- The lift has easy to reach buttons with raised lettering and Braille equivalents.
- Two wheelchairs are available, please note these are allocated on a ‘first come first served basis’.
- The facilities on the ground floor have recently been completely redeveloped with disabled visitors in mind.
- Guide dogs and other assistance dogs are welcomed and a water bowl is provided.
- Staff receive disability awareness training and are happy to help in any way they can.
- Our visitor desk and Forum Theatre are fitted with induction loops.
- Hearing helper kits are available for visitors tours and talks by museum staff.
- Please contact the museum about disabled parking.
- There are unisex accessible toilets on the lower ground and ground floors.
- There is a cafe on site.
- There is a gift shop on site.
Getting here and parking
- View a parking map.
What else to see and do
To find out more about Stoke on Trent, where to stay, and what else to do when you visit www.visitstoke.co.uk or call the Stoke-on-Trent Tourist Information Centre on +44 (0) 1782 236000.
To find out what else you can see and do in Staffordshire, visit www.enjoystaffordshire.com