Staffordshire Hoard: Dark Age Discovery at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
21 July 2012 – 1 September 2013.
This dazzling exhibition featuring over two hundred specially chosen artefacts from the Staffordshire Hoard is a unique opportunity to find out about this world famous discovery.
Learn about the Hoard and the world of the Anglo-Saxons. Follow the story of the Hoard from the day it was unearthed and see some of the fascinating techniques experts have used to find out more about it. Explore the meaning of the Hoard and the symbols which decorate it. See how fragments of the Hoard have been reconstructed and brought to life through replicas and interactives.
The Hoard has also inspired members of the community to produce their own works, displayed alongside the main exhibition.
How to book your ticket
Entrance to the Potteries Museum & Art Gallery is free, but donations are welcome.
Call +44 (0) 1782 232323 to book guided, group and school tours.
- All public areas, including the café and museum are accessible by lift, ramps and stairs.
- The lift has easy to reach buttons with raised lettering and Braille equivalents.
- Two wheelchairs and an electric scooter are available, please note these are allocated on a ‘first come first served basis’.
- The facilities on the ground floor have recently been completely redeveloped with disabled visitors in mind.
- Guide dogs and other assistance dogs are welcomed and a water bowl is provided.
- Staff receive disability awareness training and are happy to help in any way they can.
- Our visitor desk and Forum Theatre are fitted with induction loops.
- Hearing helper kits are available for visitors tours and talks by museum staff.
- Please contact the museum about disabled parking.
- There are unisex accessible toilets on the lower ground and ground floors.
- There is a cafe on site.
- There is a gift shop on site.
Getting here and parking
What else to see and do
To find out more about Stoke on Trent, where to stay, and what else to do when you visit www.visitstoke.co.uk or call the Stoke-on-Trent Tourist Information Centre on +44 (0) 1782 236000.
To find out what else you can see and do in Staffordshire, visit www.enjoystaffordshire.com